Fun Brunch Menu Ideas
If it's true that blondes have more fun, then brunch menu ideas must be blond.
The most laid-back of menus, they run freely through both breakfast and
lunch food, with an occasional toe-dabbing in dinner fare, and they don't even have to wait until 5:00 for cocktails!
Though casual, brunch is suitable for a sit-down meal in the dining
room as well as a picnic in the back yard, and everything in between.
When putting your own brunch ideas to paper, remember a few simple guidelines:
- Serve a variety of dishes, some savory, some sweet. Try to include fruit.
- If appropriate for the group, serve a light alcoholic beverage, like Champagne, Mimosa, or other classic brunch drinks along with juice and coffee or tea selections. Or opt for non-alcoholic Ginger Lemonade. Everyone loves it.
- Save labor intensive brunch recipes, like individual omelets, for small groups.
- Limit your brunch menu to items that are easy to eat from a plate on the lap unless you're planning a sit-down meal, where, for instance, your guests could more easily cut a steak.
Brunch Menu Ideas
Menus and Recipes
Smoked Salmon Tray,
above: Layer thin slices of tomatoes, red or white onions, and folded
smoked salmon over a bed of lettuce leaves and top with capers. Serve
with 1/2-inch slices of sourdough bread and sour cream or creme fraiche. Let your guests prepare their own open-faced "sandwiches."
This is a great make-ahead meal.
There's a little trick to making Crab Cakes.
Of course real men eat quiche! It's pie, isn't it?
The classy classics.
Equally good for a casual dinner as it is for brunch.
- Salmon Crepes or Scrambled Egg and Salmon Croissants
Cinnamon Baked Apples
More Brunch Menu Ideas:
Brunch Recipes a la Carte
- Spanish Tortilla (omelette/frittata)
Breakfast Burritos, Salmon or Egg-Sausage
Spice Pancakes with Lemon Sauce
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs or a Scram
Chocolate French Toast
Flower Power Fried Eggs
Oatmeal Pancakes with Apple Compote
- Apple Rose Tarts
Chocolate Nut Croissants
Amish Cinnamon Bread
Chocolate Éclairs or Cream Puffs
Grilled Amaretto Peaches
Top of Brunch Menu Ideas
Ooooh, what's in here?