Gourmet Popcorn Seasoning Recipes
Popcorn seasoning recipes turn ordinary popcorn into gourmet popcorn with just a flick of the wrist.
Easily add international flair to your popcorn with these sweet and savory gourmet popcorn seasoning combos.
Don't buy cheap popcorn. It's more expensive in the
long run because so much of it doesn't pop. Orville Redenbacher popcorn
is a good choice.
Popcorn Seasoning Recipes
For each seasoning, start with...
12 cups of popped popcorn (1/3 cup unpopped popcorn either air-popped or popped in 1/4 cup corn or vegetable oil)
1/3 cup melted butter
Add one of the following seasoning combos to the butter and warm
thoroughly so the flavors meld. Drizzle the butter/seasonings over the
popcorn, toss, salt to taste and toss again.
- Herbed Popcorn: 1 teaspoon each dried sage, fennel, marjoram, thyme, basil, summer savory, and rosemary, and 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Cinnamon-Sugar Popcorn: Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon to the butter and sprinkle the buttered popcorn with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Lemon-Dill Popcorn: 2 tablespoons lemon zest and 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Tex-Mex Popcorn: 1 tablespoon each cumin and chili powder. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Saffron Popcorn: 1/4 heaping teaspoon minced saffron
- Pizza Popcorn: 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 2
teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/8 teaspoon
pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Here are a few hot and spicy popcorn seasoning ideas:
- Pepper Popcorn: 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1
teaspoon lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon crushed red
pepper, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon
- Hot Mustard Popcorn: 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon thyme
- Hot Stuff Popcorn Add 1 tablespoon or to taste hot hot sauce to the butter. Toss as you go.
Back to Finger Foods for more like the Popcorn Seasoning Recipes
Gourmet Party Food: What does "gourmet" mean?